It is January, the beginning of a new year… 2013 sure does have its surprises already! This have not waited around, but that is sure not a bad thing. As I near the last couple weeks of January, I want to put in order the things that are taking place and the things I look forward to. Besides the events, I have noticed as months roll by, my fads and interests tend to change. I want to be able to look back in December and reflect on those things and events that took place in January or any other month for that matter. SO .. Without further ado, here is the big picture from January!
1. SENIORS – It is that time where the seniors are rounding the corner of their final semester of their senior year, which means it is time for me to start thinking about some fun ideas for the senior rep program! I love photographing seniors, that ability to bring out my younger years, pop their personalities, and learn from every unique bright individual. There is something about it. I love to relax with each one, laugh, and bring out who they are. My vision of a senior session is not to pose but to document an individual. Documenting a person is so amazing, once the senior as fully relaxed and began to have a good time, they laugh, talk and walk in their own way. They become themselves, and I find it so fascinating how every human being on the face of this earth is so different, so why photograph them the same way, my goal – – – make those differences stand out, that is what makes it so unique!
2. BRANDING – Yup that is right, Beyond Imagination Photography is getting a face lift. Not only a face lift, but a complete transformation. I find tweaking in Photoshop, visualizing with colors and fonts to be relaxing and rewarding – however – I also am one of those people who are indecisive, so I come up with ten different ideas and can never narrow it down. Well I got tired of tweaking the image of the business every year, so I took the plunge. I am working with Three Fifteen Design to create the NEW, CLEAN, STRUCTURED, and WELCOMING Beyond Imagination Photography
3. WEDDING – Even though I have been a little bit more quiet, it is for good reasons! Brent and I got engaged just before the New Year, so these first couple weeks of January have been planning! We have a lot of the big stuff planned, we now get to focus on the details! The fun stuff! I am so excited to see the whole day fold together! It will be a day I will never forget, the day I marry my best friend!
4. DIY – I always get the urge to TRY and be crafty, doesn’t always happen, but I do try! I love finding do-it-yourself projects on Pinterest! Some are so easy, I just NEED to find the time. I thought this eraser stamp was so cool, easy supplies and hardly no time at all! Take one of your old eraser lying around, cut out your stamp and stamp away!
5. WORDS OF WISDOM – I love typography, and I love saying. Sometimes it is a simple phrase that can make my whole day turn around. I plan (using that word loosely) to create some of these pieces of art for our future home! or even my future studio
6. FASHION – One of those things that changes day by day, but I love to see the new fads. I am a huge fan of vintage, retro style fashion. Mints, browns, and pastel pinks make my heart sing! This lovely bag is an example of things that make me happy in the fashion world!
Till Next month!